I made this last year for Thanksgiving and people are still talking about it. It’s kind of a rough recipe because I cook based on my mood and how my taste buds are feeling that day, but feel free to play with it and make it your own. Hopefully you’ll find the same success I did.
-3 packs of finely crashed cinnamon sugar flavored graham crackers
-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
-1 stick of melted butter
-4 packages of softened cream cheese
-4 medium sweet potatoes
-1 cup of flour
-1 ½ cup of sugar
-1 ½ cup brown sugar
-1 tablespoon of vanilla
-1 tablespoon of nutmeg
-1 tablespoon of cinnamon
-1 stick of butter
- Mix the crushed graham crackers, nutmeg, and butter.
- Mold to a spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees to set the crust. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender. Peel and chop into manageable chunks.
- With an electric mixer, slowly combine ALL of your cheesecake mixture ingredients. The batter should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baked crust.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees; or until the center of the cake is firm (the top should be golden brown too).
- Let the cheesecake set and cool off for several hours.
- Serve as is, a la mode, or top with whip cream and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. It doesn’t matter, it’s heavenly either way!
That’s it for me, until next time…