The hustle and bustle of the Holiday season is already here. I can feel it in every way. Our team is busy getting cookbooks ready for the Holidays, and like you, I’m trying to find time to get my shopping knocked out so I can enjoy some of the festivities this season. I’m in full Type A list mode! I have 5 pages of lists going- shopping lists, “To Do” lists, and lists for travel plans.
I always find myself craving certain foods this time of year, so in the spirit of “list making”, I thought I would make a list of my favorite things of the season:
- Sweet Potatoes- I can’t get enough of warm sweet potatoes flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. My friend, Mara, laughed when you looked in my fridge this weekend! She found raw sweet potatoes, sweet potato pancakes, mashed sweet potatoes, and sweet potato pieces from Trader Joes!
- Butternut Squash- Soup, ravioli, or baked with nutmeg and cinnamon- I love it any way!
- Pumpkin- Especially Martha’s Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter. Click here to read more about this recipe!
- Bartlett Pears- Bartlett pears are my favorite fruit of the season. They are so delicious and perfectly sweet. I like to have one for dessert or late in the afternoon.
- Honey Crisp Apples- I eat an apple every day for breakfast. Some would say this is boring, but it makes me feel so good and healthy. It’s the best way to start a day! Honey Crisps are my favorite apple this time of year. They are very crisp and lightly sweet.
- Macaroons- My friend Mindy made the best macaroons last weekend. She made them with almond extract and dipped them in chocolate. Yumm!
- Hot Chocolate- Living in Seattle has changed many things for me! I now understand why this city is so famous for its coffee and coffee-drinking. It is very necessary this time of year when days are short and sometimes gray. I have a new appreciation for coffee, but recently I have gone back to my childhood favorite, Hot Chocolate. What a treat!
What are your favorite foods this season? Email us at email@example.com and tell us! Also, if you have any other food or recipe stories that you would like to share on our blog, please email or call us. We would love to share your story!
Have a wonderful evening,