||Effective August 1, 2005
Secret Ingredients is committed to protecting your privacy.
What Information Do We Collect from You? Why?
The information we learn from you is used for the sole purpose of enhancing your experience on our website, as well as providing you with the services you have requested.
Information You Give Us:
Secret Ingredients may request and store information, such as name, physical and email addresses, telephone and credit card numbers, and other information we receive when you contact us or use our website for any reason including the following:
- Requesting information and brochures online or by phone
- Placing an individual or group order online or by phone
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Participating in contests, promotions, or surveys
- Submitting entries into The Stock Pot
- Sending written correspondence to Secret Ingredients
We use the information you provide for such purposes as answering your requests, completing and supporting your purchases, and getting in touch with you when necessary. For example, you will receive an order confirmation via email with each order you place online. Also, financial information is used for billing products and services that you initiate in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. You may choose not to provide certain information, but this may interfere with some of our advanced website features and services.
We may use personally identifiable information to perform marketing research regarding our customers and potential customers.
Gift Recipients & Occasions:
Secret Ingredients may collect personally identifiable information regarding gift recipients and occasions in a group project, if selected and submitted by the Head Chef in the Group Get Started Form. This information is received and stored so that we may organize your cookbook project according to such an event. For example, this information is automatically shared with each Email Participant invited into your group project. We do not sell, rent, trade, or loan any personally identifiable information that you provide to us regarding such recipients or events.
When you place an order, request brochures or participate in contests and promotions, we will use your e-mail and postal address to send you information about our products, services, and new features. To help us make the content of our e-mails more valuable to you, we often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Secret Ingredients or Sous Chef, Inc. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please email our Customer Service department at SecretService@HeirloomCookbook.com. Please provide your exact name and address.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
As you browse TheSecretIngredients.com, we may gather data that helps us improve the content of our site and related features. This information indicates, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and the length and frequency of visits. Gathering this information involves tracking the type of browser, computer operating system, and the IP address used by each visitor to our site. At times, we may also track which websites refer visitors to our site.
In addition, like many websites, we use “cookies” in order to improve your experience on TheSecretIngredients.com. Cookies are tiny text files your web browser stores on your hard drive that make it possible for us to recognize you on return visits. They do not contain any personal or private information.
Cookies also enable us to keep track of your cookbook project and personalize your experience. Your browser must be set to accept cookies in order to create or participate in a cookbook project on this website.
Does Secret Ingredients share the information it receives?
Your information is an important part of our business because it enables us to serve you. We share customer information only as described below:
Personally identifiable information may be sent to third-party subcontractors who work on our behalf to provide certain services. They are obligated to maintain security of such information and are restricted from using information for any purpose not authorized in a binding contract with Sous Chef, Inc.
- Service Providers: We also share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information with third parties who provide us with services, including but not limited to technical maintenance, order fulfillment, credit card processing, data analysis, emailing, research, marketing, and other administrative services. As with subcontractors, service providers are bound by contract and use such information solely for the sole purpose of providing services to Sous Chef, Inc.
- Affiliates: Secret Ingredients will not sell your e-mail address. However, unless otherwise specified, we may disclose your information to our affiliates and carefully selected business partners for their use on our behalf. Our affiliates and business partners may also use such information to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive communications from Secret Ingredients and our affiliates, simply contact Customer Service at SecretService@HeirloomCookbook.com, providing us with your exact name and address.
- Corporate Transactions: In the event of reorganization of our corporation, including but not limited to sale, merger, or spin-off, all of the customer information including financial records and consumer information may be transferred to the new controlling entity.
- Law Enforcement Investigations: Sous Chef, Inc. reserves the right to release information about you as required by law, in response to law enforcement requests and legal process, to enforce or apply the terms of our policies or user agreements, and to protect the property, rights, and safety of Secret Ingredients, our customers, affiliates, and others.
Security of Your Information
Secret Ingredients uses technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. However, no system of transmitting information electronically over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, Secret Ingredients assumes no liability and is not responsible for the loss of information provided to us or any third party in connection to our site, and you agree to this by your continued use of our website.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) software to protect the security of credit card information as it is transmitted over the Internet. In short, this technology encrypts your information by scrambling the characters so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. You can verify that the encryption is working by locating the lock icon at the bottom of the web page. If you do not feel comfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, feel free to call us to complete your purchase by phone.
It is important that you protect yourself against unauthorized access to both your account and to your computer by signing off when you are finished using a shared computer.
This site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. While children are invited to view our site under adult supervision, our products and services are for purchase by adults only. By providing Secret Ingredients with any information, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If you provide us with information regarding a third party, you represent that third party members are 18 years of age or older.
If we discover that personal information has been submitted to the site by a child, such information will be immediately removed.
Third Party Websites
TheSecretIngredients.com may contain links to third-party websites. We make these links available solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. However, we cannot be responsible for the policies or practices of any third-party website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site you visit.
How to Update Your Personal Information
We try to make sure that personally identifiable information is accurate and current. If you would like to update your personal information, please feel free to contact our Customer Service by email, snail mail, or phone as noted below.
If You Have a Privacy Question
If you have a question concerning this policy or if you wish to report a violation of this policy, please contact Customer Service: